Monday, January 2, 2017

Monday off!

Today since I had the day off, hubby and I decided to head down to the Round Rock Antique mall to have a look around.  It was a fun time and we also ate lunch at Outback which was unplanned but by the time we headed out from the mall it was close to 2:00PM.  We hadn't eaten there in a long time, maybe 5 years?  I had shrimp on the barbie but it wasn't as good as I remember. They either changed the recipe or something, who knows.  But it was still nice for an unplanned lunch out. My salad and the cheese fries and iced tea were good so that makes up for the okay shrimp. I was going to get a blooming onion but hubby doesn't eat onions (among many other things) and I didn't want to make that my meal nor have more than half of it to take home.  I don't know how well that is as a heated up leftover.

At the antique mall they have lots of booths with all sorts of antique and vintage things.  We stopped at a booth where there was a HUGE dog made of cast iron and I got hubby to snap a few shots.  It think it was going for $3500.  I am on one knee and was wearing my floor length gray lularoe skirt so I know the picture looks a little weird but that is why.





When we were at one booth I saw a really cute table with a thick slate top.  It had been hand painted at some point but hubby assured me it was an antique, not that I cared. The price was only $25!! So I got it and it is now my work space table next to my desk here in my office (had a rickety Texas themed shelving unit there before).  I love this!!



1 comment:

  1. What a great find for only $25.00. Woo Hoo.

    ReplyDelete