Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day 2017

I did take a few moments today to thank my Dad for serving in WW II. He passed away nearly 2 years ago now but I do miss him and since today is the day to remember those who served, I posted his Navy picture on my Facebook profile in tribute to him.

While many folks are having hot dogs and hamburgers, visiting with family & friends or just relaxing watching movies all day, I am doing none of those things.  I wasn't going to do anything today involving labor except maybe the typical things like dishes and laundry.  But after I was up and drinking my coffee (I did take the day off from exercise today), I started thinking about all the unfinished things at mom's house.  I started writing a list of all the things that still need to be done, most of which is cleaning.  And the list keeps growing.

The real estate agent is coming in a little while to get things going as far as figuring out a listing price and putting a sign out COMING SOON, which is the trend around here anyway these days.  Folks put up a COMING SOON sign as early as 4 weeks, sometimes more before listing a house which to me is too long.  But anyway we are not letting her show it until we are done, period!  My hope is to get someone else to finish up the things we need to get done that hubby or I can't do by the end of this week. I plan to spend most of the next weekend doing all the things on this new list. Then list it by the beginning of next week.  We'll see how that goes though.  We've come to realize (regretfully) that around here when we have to rely on others, things tend to not happen when we'd like them to.

So instead of relaxing this morning, hubby and I went and picked up some black mulch to at least put around the big tree in front of mom's house.  There is still more to be placed around the shrubs that are against the house but I want to get a few flowers too and was determined not to make a gardening project out of it today!  The mulch around the tree is good enough for me for anyone who may drive by because if I know this real estate agent, she'll having a COMING SOON sign posted in the front yard before nightfall.

Then hubby came back from taking some paint over there that he had to get more of at Home Depot this morning taking him over an hour (my guess would be because everyone who was good ((knows their stuff)) that works there had off today).  Anyway the paint can he used to bring as a sample was not closed well by the gal and it spilled inside his truck on the carpet.  When he got back I went out with a bucket and cleaned the rest of it up. He had gotten it on his fairly new jeans, etc., and was pretty frustrated by the time he came in the door. So I got it so that you can't even tell that paint spilled in his truck. But I came in all sweaty again.  MORE labor I hadn't intended to do. Too bad this isn't 'Labor Day' as that is more the theme to my day. 

Well off to grab some lunch and TRY to relax while I wait for the real estate agent to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment