Thursday, May 25, 2017

Thursday Eve'

The current drama/saga we are now facing is getting mom's house ready to sell. Hubby is manning a garage sale tomorrow and Saturday I plan to help too. We are having the back porch re-screened as a lot of the wood has rotted due to being 10 years old and likely not properly treated for the area.  My dad closed in the back porch I would say within the first year of living here so although he did his best, it has seen better days.  The handyman we hired for it is doing a fantastic job.

We also are getting new carpeting in the living room/dining room and tile in the Foyer.  All the carpet is sun faded in a lot of places and some of the tiles in the foyer are loose or cracked.  The place that supposedly can 'color' carpeting never got back to hubby. No surprise there.  But the new carpet installation was supposed to be done yesterday, then today and still hasn't happened.  I wish folks in this area weren't such bull shitters but they are!  Plain and simple!  The guy whom hubby has dealt with before for several laminate floors he ordered (but installed himself) was to get back to him.  It is nearly 7PM and you guessed it, didnt' get back to him! 

The handyman is going to replace one toilet and faucet set that are really rough and fix a few other things once the back porch is complete.  Needless to say, the house won't be ready to list before Memorial Day.  It is still fine as I'd rather have it be really nice and move in ready instead of rushing to list it.  Now it will probably be the first or maybe 2nd week in June - I'm shooting for June 5th.  I still have lots to clean in there but I did use the magic erase sponge things for most of the marks on the walls and they did a great job of making them nearly invisible.  We are not having the house painted as I really don't think the walls are bad, especially now that I used the 'magic' on them. 
I have to spread some black mulch and maybe a few hardy flowers in front too.

Since it is the holiday weekend, there is plenty of time for me to clean. So we are not having someone do it.  I need to make sure it is done the way I'd do it for myself. I'll just do some Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Yippee for a 3 day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment