Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Yes I'm alive!

Okay so it has been over a week since I blogged.  Sorry.  I've been trying to get into a routine with mom living here and things have settled fairly nicely now at this point.  She is getting used to being here now at this point and has grown very comfortable with her room.  She eats breakfast and lunch at her little kitchenette table. Everything she needs is right there in her small refrigerator and cupboards.  I'm glad she can maintain some independence while under our 'roof'.  It is best so that she keeps her mind active.

I got mom some large print crossword puzzle books shortly after she moved in and she enjoys doing them.  She also gets large print books brought to her by someone at the local library every 2 weeks. The lady comes to the house and mom takes new ones and gives her back the ones she has read.  I think that is a really nice community service!

The sod in the front yard is taking hold nicely and is starting to grow and spread a little. 

I am going to ask the roofing company when they plan to put the metal roof on the rest of our house as it has been a month now since we heard from them last . I didn't mind at the time because we wanted the addition done but now that is done so, I'm ready to get a new roof over the rest of the house so that it looks as nice as mom's addition.

As you know (if you've read my blog much), I eat a lot of fruit in the morning. Hubby is the one that usually is the grocery shopper and today he picked up an exotic fruit for me to try.  It is called Dragon fruit!  Pretty cool huh?!   I'm going to give it a few more days to ripen before eating it.  It will be interesting.  I'll blog my opinion of it when I try it.

That's it for now.  I plan to start blogging routinely again. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment