Sunday, August 13, 2017

Nice dinner

We just got back from a nice dinner out at Cotton Patch.  It was really nice just being able to go out, relax, take our time and not have to rush back for any reason (for my mom).  Although I miss her every day, it is nice after over 2 years of being confined to the house or her house every day/evening to not have to worry about eating out.  I got grilled shrimp & rice and also took home the peach cobbler to have in a little bit for dessert.

I worked this weekend but also had plenty of time to get some singing in on singsnap and read some of the book my daughter & I are reading.  The medical bills for my mom have been trickling in.  I have to call one place tomorrow as they are double billing for some of the things she had done and were already paid for. I wonder how many seniors get double billed and don't even think twice about paying them because they don't double check to see if they had already been paid.

I have noticed the disparity in billing depending on a person's insurance too.  My hubby was only at the same hospital as the one my mom went to for one night.  His total bills to the insurance company were over $110,000!!  This was for a herniated disc operation and overnight stay.  Yes it was unreal!  My mom was there for 6 days from the time at the ER, a hip operation, several nights stay and then  discharged to the rehab center.  Her bills to Medicare were less than $20,000.  Although I am relieved/happy/grateful about that, I guess Medicare has much better coverage than the insurance I have through my employer.  I don't know why but I thought they'd be about the same. Silly me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment