Tuesday, August 1, 2017

August already?

I was looking at my calendar today trying to figure out what day it was. Then I realized it is AUGUST and I turned the calendar to a fresh new and probably HOT month. 

Although I got through my work day fine today, it has already seemed like a long week.  I had a feeling this would happen after being out most of last week due to mom passing away.  Oh well, it is what it is.

Dare I say that once again we are looking to get something done to our house? Well not really our house, but the front yard.  The bushes in front have been the same for 12 years and I really would like to get then all pulled, a few cactus put in and gravel/pebbles so that it would be low maintenance.  We are getting a few estimates and we'll see what happens. One guy we are getting a quote from is new to the area, but not new to doing the work and I think will give us a good quote. 

Before mom passed away, hubby and I were already talking about what to do with her room. It really is not practical to keep it as a spare bedroom as we rarely have company and when we do, we already have one spare bedroom upstairs.  So we are turning it into an office for me.  I have been working in a tiny room in the garage ever since we moved here and it will be nice having a large room.

We sold the bed and dresser on Saturday and got a fainting couch which could sleep one if needed and we could always use an air mattress if we did have more company so it could still be used as a guest suite.  Here's a picture of the couch and a desk I got at the local consignment shop.  I am getting a wireless computer to use in there (hopefully signal will be strong enough), so that there are not a bunch of wires everywhere.  I also picked up a ladder style bookcase (which is behind the desk) as it was unusual, having different width shelves.

I'm not adding much more in the way of large furniture but there are things from my office now that I do want to display there so there will be more things on the walls.  ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment