Sunday, September 17, 2017

Birthday

Today is or at this point practically was my birthday. The youngest and her guy came up yesterday so that the four of us could go to Vince Young's Steakhouse in Austin. My youngest's boyfriend drove so we treated.  We had seen commercials for it almost every night for a long time.  The food was good, the company was great but our waiter was a bit lacking. It was hard to hear what he was saying and he was awkward at times. He only asked one of the four of us if we wanted another 'drink'and no I was not the one. Doing that courtesy to me is a 'given' especially in what I would consider fancier and pricier restaurants.  Our dinner today before tip was just over $400!

We had enough to take home the leftovers for lunch today. They do have a tasty filet Mignon, but I'm not keen on going there again any time soon.  We did tell the waiter that we were celebrating 3 birthdays and an anniversary and they did give the 3 of us a small chocolate mousse/cake? dessert with a candle on it (for free). It was nice but I wanted to get the creme brulee instead and didn't get the chance to say I'd like that instead (the waiter ignored my request to see the dessert menu). Oh well. Like I said it was great to go out with the kids and get a meal somewhere where hubby and I would never bother driving to. ;-)

Today I actually worked some this afternoon as I saw there was quite a bit of work for me yesterday when I did work for a short time. I didn't mind even though it was my birthday. There wasn't anything going on today for that, although I asked hubby to sing to me at dinnertime and he obliged. Birthdays are just not a big deal as we get older, although today marks the start of a new decade for me. I am so glad I don't feel as old as I am!

We're really enjoying Bella (our new dog). She is really getting comfortable with her surroundings and I work with her a little every day on the doggy door. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment