Friday, September 22, 2017

Fun Friday well started out rough...READ FIRST :)

Last night the trash was not picked up until after 7PM.  I checked the can before bringing it down the driveway to make sure it was empty.  It was empty except for a bag that was plastered to the bottom and the can really, really STUNK!  

Today after exercising and getting a quick shower, I went out to hose off the inside. I had to use a broom handle and a rag to try to get whatever was stuck at the bottom off.  Yah! Really gross!  But I got it pretty clean and it doesn't knock me over with the smell anymore.

Hubby and I were going to check out an Antique Pickers Back Road Tour event this morning that was at a local Hampton Inn.  We got there only to find a small room with a handful of people sitting around a table with either a bag or a few items in front of them. It was not an Antique show that we expected at all.  We weren't there to try to see what something was worth.  So we laughed after we got back to our truck.

Then we went to both Walmart (where they already have CHRISTMAS things out) and Home Depot to look for some decorative pots to put outside in the front and the back.  Neither place had any! We were sort of striking out with our plans today.

I suggested going out to a small store down the country road a little called The Mercantile at Dyer Dairy since I've always wanted to check it out.  It is a small building in front of what I would guess is their farm. The whole family was there, 2 kids at a small table, what I would assume were husband and wife, and grandpa. I guess the kids are home schooled as this is Friday and is a school day.   They had a lot of frozen meats but not much in the way of vegetables which is what I really was there for.  They did have zucchini, radishes and okra and I got a little of all of them.  I also picked up some Raspberry preserves and some lemon honey spread.  So it was nice going there but I'm not sure how often we'll go.  I just need to get myself to the Farmers Market here in town on Saturdays more often.
I have not had fresh vegetables much at all in a long time. I know I could get some at the grocery store but I'd rather buy locally grown, fresh vegetables, instead of something with who knows what pesticides from maybe other countries and days old to boot!

This is getting rather long so I am going to post a Part II.


No comments:

Post a Comment