Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentines Day !

Wishing all who read this blog a very Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow! Hub and I are doing our usual, just saying it! :) I don't need anything after all, yes even candy. Although I like chocolate now and then, especially dark chocolate which is the healthiest kind to have, I don't often get the urge to have it nor wolf it down like I did as a kid. I used to have more than half the candy that I got at Easter eaten by Easter evening!

While I was doing laundry the other day I went to our bathroom to use the 'potty' and without being too descriptive, let's just say I had to get creative with no toilet paper nor tissues there in that bathroom...don't be offended. We've all been there I'm sure. As I was thinking about my alternatives, my appreciation for those toilets with bidets grew. Anyway, that won't happen again any time soon as I stocked up the supply.

You know that saying 'Everything Happens for a Reason'? It happened to me yesterday. Shelby has been chewing at her paws and they are getting raw. I don't know if this is just another ailment or a result of her diabetes. I started looking under the kitchen sink for the solution that we got from the vet awhile back for Reebok to soak his paws in that helped sooth his pads and kept the dirt out when he was having problems.

I didn't find any solution as I probably used it all or got rid of it, but as I searched way back behind the first row of cleaning products that I have just inside the door, I noticed the back floor of the cabinet under the sink was wet! I didn't want to deal with it last night but today when I checked it appeared to have spread more toward the front. If I hadn't been looking for that solution I never would have noticed it for a while or until it seeped all the way to the front of the cabinet since as I said I rarely look beyond the first row of stuff in there. So that was a good thing! I found where one leak is and put something under it to catch the drips. Hope that is the only spot. Hub thinks he has the piping to fix it but I hope he agrees to get a plumber to take care of it when we can, as I just worry about water all over the place. I love my husband and he is handy at some things but he is not a plumber.

Off to work on taxes and watch the Olympics. Normally I would hold off on the taxes until closer to April 15th, but since we are due to get a refund I want to get it done so we can get that money to help with bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment