Saturday, February 6, 2010

..what did I say?...

I made the mistake of telling my youngest who is home for the weekend that I do not have a lot to blog about sometimes. We went to the grocery to get a few things and when we got in the car to come back home the car would not start. It just clicked when I tried to start it...that's when she turned to me and said "Now you have something to blog about mom". Smart Alec!

So with frozen food and milk in the trunk, luckily my dad was home and he came right over and gave me a jump start. I am just glad it happened near to home. After that we were just stopping at Sonic to get a small sonic blast to go and I made sure I left my car ON. But when I started to back up, the car stalled. At first I didn't think a lot of it and tried to start it again and then I remembered my battery is dead! So I pushed the car back into the parking spot and my dad came to the rescue again after he had already gotten home from the first time. It was a little embarrassing asking him to help again, but I did make it home from there okay after that.

I thought I had my share of car problems with the accident and replacement car incident with my oldest daughter. But after thinking about it, I have had this car for almost 2 1/2 years and so it would make sense that the battery is shot. Seems they don't last much over 2 years here in TX. Hubby said he can get a battery for it and replace it.

I really can't complain about my car as I've been very happy with it. And lucky for hub and I our Toyota vehicles are not within those years with the recall issues. Hopefully there won't be any more issues either!

No comments:

Post a Comment