Monday, February 15, 2010

OK...

I know I said I don't need candy or flowers which I don't, but hubby brought home a box of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies yesterday and I have just about finished it already, all by myself!! I can't help it! Those have been my weakness for oh at least 45 years I'd say (guessing as to when I first started selling them for girl scouts). I tell myself I'll just have 3, then eat 3 more, then I might as well finish that half so they don't go stale...yeah right..like that would ever happen around here with those cookies! :)

I guess I just won't weigh myself again for at least 4-6 days. I have been doing very well and only have 1 lb to go to be where I did not want to go above. It isn't anything to write Dr Oz. about, but hey when I've reached my goal I'll be happy!

Chatted with the youngest today and it appears this Countdown blog may be longer than I thought it would be. Apparently it takes 5 years to get a Bachelors teaching degree these days and not 4. I think it is so unfair to need so many credits that unless a student goes to summer school more summers than not, it forces them to go 5 years. That is really not right nor fair and I am pretty peeved about it. Not much that can be done about that but I am very glad there are no more kids to go through college after her.

I remember several speakers at orientation mentioning the students that are here for 4 or 5 years..blah..blah.. and I thought, oh he must mean those than double major or change their majors or something like that. NOT!

Probably by the time my kids have kids it will take 6 or 7 years to get a Bachelors degree! And I'd hate to think of how much it will cost THEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment