Sunday, February 21, 2010

Intermittent Sun...


Today the weather is strange...started off rainy when I first woke up as I heard the rain hitting the metal roof of our house. It wasn't a hard rain, in fact at first I was wondering what that noise was. Then it clicked that it was raining heavy enough to hear it pinging at times on the roof.

Then it stopped raining and the sun has been making short appearances and disappearances. I just decided it is sunny enough of the time that I turned off the floor lamp next to me and will try to keep it off, to save electricity.

Lately my life is like intermittent sun. As sometimes happens in the mortgage industry, my work has slowed to a crawl and although there is no indication as to when things will pick up, the job is still there which give me hope and a ray of sunshine. With a huge decrease in work comes a huge decrease in my earnings as happens to everyone when this happens. This has made my mood cloudy as of late, but then the intermittent sun shines through again.

For instance, even though our oldest was in an accident and all that money spent getting her car and getting it in good shape for longevity was lost...the insurance company came through with the deductible that we were waiting for. This ray of sunshine will help pay some bills.

And since work has been slow, my focus had turned to finishing up the books for last year, gathering figures and seeing how the tax returns were panning out. Was it going to be another year that we filed just before April 15th with taxes due, or were we going to actually get some money back? Another ray of sunshine, fortunately we are due for a refund. So another ray of sunshine enters my world.

Yesterday hubby had the store open a few hours before closing early to attend our oldest and her fiance's wedding shower given by his mother. He wasn't even going to bother opening but had one of the largest sales he ever had which he may not have gotten if he hadn't opened. Yes, another ray of sunshine.

And when we left the party yesterday, he spotted a quarter on the ground and picked it up. Maybe not a big ray of sunshine there but maybe a sign...a sign of things to come...that things will get better not just for us but for everyone in this country who is still struggling with the economy.

Happy SUNday to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment