Monday, August 23, 2010

Empty nest..again...for a bit...

The pain of it all... we took the youngest to college today for her to start the adventure of sophomore year.  I took a few pictures.  Here are two of the dining room table.....BEFORE we headed out and AFTER we got back home.  Only thing left was a lonely hanger left behind.






Hubby came with me this time to get her to college since the store is closed and for once he was able to come along.  We had some fun in the car singing some songs together with some nice harmony if I do say so myself ;-).  It made the trip go faster.  I found a picture of our youngest from last year on her first day, so I am posting day one last year and day one this year.  Think she is going to enjoy this year!

                                                            DAY 1        2009

                                                         
                                                               DAY  1     2010
....so anyway, we got a good parking spot for unloading our cars...and carted all her stuff into her room.  Her roommate was already moved in but not in the room when we got there.  We walked around campus some since hubby had not seen it before and got some much needed lunch at the student center.  It was really a hot day to be walking around..about 105 degrees!

So time to get used to being back to hubby and me without any kids around.  I can do it... < Sigh>  really I can.   ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment