Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Proud Mama...

As I watched my two daughters walking toward the pool steps to get in, I saw how mature, intelligent and attractive young ladies they have become! They grew up before my very eyes! ....

The youngest and I drove up to Dallas area this past weekend to visit my oldest and her hub for the first time since their wedding in March.  It was absolutely wonderful to see them and visit their apartment...that is after I got over going up the stairs to the 3rd floor that lead to their entrance.  I do not like heights and going up open stairways (you know the kind that you can see down to the ground) much past 2 stories...so yeah.. it was a little tough for me to go up that last flight of stairs.  But with my kids cheering me on, I was able to do it without a hitch by the time we were leaving Sunday afternoon.

Their apartment is nice and a lot more roomy that the last one. And it definitely was clean and tidy! We had a very nice visit and got to take in a movie 'Inception' which I recommend. It was good and kept me on the edge of my seat.  We also got to get some nice dining in, spent some time at the pool and just was good to get some chit chat in.

We also got to visit the campus where my oldest is going to start grad school this month. We couldn't get into any of the buildings as it was closed but it looks like a nice campus what we saw. 

The drive home Sunday went without a hitch but there was a lot of other cars on the road too and it was really hot in Dallas.  My car temperature gauge indicated at one time it was 110 degree outside!  It had not gotten that hot yet where I live but it did get up to 100 today.  Well it is summer in Texas !!!

I didn't realize how tired I was from the weekend until I could barely keep my eyes open at 9:00pm Sunday night after we were home a few hours.  Getting old...I know.  Still it was a nice weekend and a nice chance for us to get together before both girls start college again.

No comments:

Post a Comment