Sunday, May 6, 2012

Last Night

Well, last night was sleep challenged!

Right when I was coming to bed, one of the fur kids decided to roll over and I did not catch her in time and she fell onto the floor on her back.  Luckily she was okay, and wanted to come right back up. So I made sure I always had one leg near the side edge of the bed so she wouldn't fall out again.

Then..settled in. Started out just fine, only was awake for about the first 10-15 minutes of SNL.

Suddenly BAAMM!! One of the loudest thunderbolts I have ever heard made both hubby and I just about jump out of the bed!  I didn't even know it was suppose to rain.  I looked at the clock and I had only been sleeping around an hour.  I lied there listening to the storm pass by....at one point it was hailing.  That is quite an experience when your house has a metal roof! I was awake until I could only hear a faint rumble of thunder in the distance, probably about 30 minutes.

Then I drifted off to sleep for a bit and then there was a dog barking.  It wasn't the same one from a few weeks ago as it was the bark of a smaller dog.  Then I heard a sprinkler system come on. Then there was a car going down the wet road rather fast from the sound of it.  I don't know how many times I looked at the clock but it was around 4:00am by then.  I gave in and went to the bathroom.

After than I was able to get to sleep but it was not a restful night. Oye!  Hubby said it may be the same forecast tonight. Wonderful...hopefully not!  It is no fun to start out a Monday morning tired!

To end on a good note, however....I got the first harvest from my balcony garden.  Green beans!  I was hoping for some Kale but I started it too late so it isn't going to make it. But I am quite happy with the beans thus far and will have an nice stir fry with dinner tonight. :-)

By the way, I came up with a name for my food blog. I figured I would just use my website name since it is mine and I don't have to worry about copyright/trademark issues.  I had received some ideas like Diane's Dishes but someone already has that and so anyway here it is: Exploring SouthernBelleGourmet.com
Feel free to 'follow me'.

No comments:

Post a Comment