Sunday, May 20, 2012

Molly's new friend?

I feel a bit like Dr. Doolittle with all the posts about animals, but I don't care..I love animals and feel closer to nature when I come into contact (directly or not) with them.

This morning right when I was finishing my exercising, Molly (the spastic fur kid) started barking incessantly. I figured somebody was walking their dog up the street but I glanced out the window and saw a deer staring back at Molly as if to say "Nah, Nah, Nah, Naaaaah, Nah, I'm out here and you're in there and you can't get me!"

Then I saw it stroll across the front yard, all the while Molly going ballistic at the window. And so I caught a few more pictures of it grazing at our grass. The deer are a bit braver here than back east as they often can be found in some body's yard strolling around, eating or just resting in the shade.  I've even seen their seated shadows at night in the neighbor's yard across the street like they have hunkered down for the night on their front lawn, lots of them! :)



And just now I went to check on my balcony garden and got a few more green beans that were ready to be picked. I need to plant some more soon and try a few other things but need to get more potting soil first. I gingerly walked over to the zucchini plant that sorely needed water, and went to the farthest end of the container to water it but I scared the bird tending its nest and it flew out to a near by tree, squawking all the way, letting me know it was not happy.  Oye!  I was trying to be so careful!  It isn't MY fault the dang bird made a nest in my planting barrel ! 

Well I got some work done this weekend and some cleaning done today, so I am feeling happy about what has been accomplished.  Now to relax...

No comments:

Post a Comment