Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Dogs and Dentals

Apparently we are doomed to our dogs needing tooth extractions despite my efforts of brushing their teeth.  Small dogs even shelties, due to their genetics and saliva enzymes tend to have bad teeth, period.   They are bound to need several teeth removed although I was assured yesterday when we picked up Ditzy that my brushing definitely helps. She got through her cleaning a lot better than Molly back in July.  She needed 5 teeth pulled (although we have to watch several more), but Molly needed 13 teeth pulled back in July.  In her defense, Molly will be 13 years old this month so she is older too.

I am still going to brush their teeth and am really working with the youngest (new fur kid) to get her used to brushing.  I do best with my finger (in terms of targeting areas), but do use the toothbrush too for the first part.

It is what it is. We love our smaller breeds, so more extractions will surely be in our future.

I am very happy that we are turning back the clocks this weekend. I do not enjoy taking most of my first walk in the dark. Today it was foggy/misty from having rained yesterday so it was dark for longer than usual.

Today is Thursday 'eve, so I'm happy about that.  Closer to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment