Friday, November 24, 2017

Black Friday

Well today was Black Friday and there were tons of ads on TV, facebook and email with blasts of sales.  It is hard not to get wrapped up in it all and do some shopping, but I did not do any. I'm sure lots of folks did but I really haven't gone shopping the Friday after Thanksgiving in years, and I've never been one to stand in line outside the stores in the wee hours of the morning like some folks do either.  Nothing is that important.

I however did get a nice long walk in this morning with a neighbor I often walk with. Since I had off today I didn't need to worry about being back by a certain time, so we took a pretty long walk. I'd say that walk along with the one I took Molly on after I got back made it around 5 miles. 

We didn't see anyone else walking but I did see the mail man out delivering packages already before 7 AM.  He really had a long day today.  And it will likely be like this until Christmas is over.  I also saw a few houses with outdoor Christmas lights up already.  Tis the season I suppose. We don't usually put up any decorations until around December 8th.

We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner at my sisters house yesterday.  It was a nice spread.  I was very grateful that I didn't have to cook a turkey and all. We even got some left overs which we had for lunch today.

I started working on some of the Christmas cards for the Angel project this year.  I try to send as many as I can but I need to start them early so that I can get a good couple hundred at least done.

I had a hard time remembering what day it was today.  It felt like a Saturday.  I did volunteer to work this weekend since we don't have company visiting, so that's what I'll be doing the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment