Sunday, March 18, 2012

Life gets better....

I get some e-zines that I subscribe to that have to deal with motivation/life/money management, etc.  Since I changed jobs and started a new one last week I have had more time to read these than before.  One article I was reading this morning while having my coffee really stuck with me.  It was just one sentence. 'Your career is just one part of your life."  


Now two weeks ago I would have thought, really? That is because my career was my life not just part of it but pretty much all of it since I was working 12-15 hours a day just about every day, not just occasionally, but for months.  The concept of career just being one part of my life was foreign.  When that happens, we can lose sight of what life is suppose to be about. It is NOT suppose to be all about work and earning money.  Without other things such as time with family and friends or other interests, it is just like a hamster stuck in a wheel running and running and not knowing any better to get the hell off!

I have been enjoying being off the wheel. I am getting in longer walks, spending evenings with my husband, whom I think enjoys it, but has to get used to not flipping channels during commercials (which I hate), getting to bed at a decent time every night, and having more time to sing, and relax and well just more time for everything!  See how I have just blogged for the 3rd day in a row too?  Once in a while I miss Jimmy Fallon, but if I miss it a lot I will just tape a few shows. I don't miss working that late!

So here's to a more balanced life, although I would like a little OT or another part-time (like 1 weekend a month or so) to make ends meet, this is still far better than before! Ever notice when you make a change in life and it is for the better, that you find yourself thinking "why didn't I do this long before now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment