Thursday, March 8, 2012

Yes!

I did it!  Finally landed a new job!  I got word on Tuesday and quit that day...hey I'm contract with no benefits, so no 2 weeks notice required.  Anyway I found out I had to take a drug test yesterday which is no big deal because I never did drugs, but I was telling a girlfriend about it and she said to just make sure I didn't eat any poppy seeds.  WHAT?  I had a bagel with poppy seeds Tuesday morning! 

Started to google it and found some places that said it can show positive for drugs and some that said it was not true.  So I was going to take one of those bagels with me to show them, but I forgot to.  I did ask though after I signed in and the girl smiled and said I would have had to eat a LOT of poppy seeds so I felt a little better about it.  Still was nervous though doing the whole urine test.  I had to not flush, could not wash my hands at the sink in that rest room but had to do it outside of it at the sink in the hall.  The guy was going to have me initial the sealing label on the specimen container and I asked if I could please wash my hands first!  Sorry but a female peeing into a cup when she is not used to it, cannot be expected to hit the cup from the get go!

So, that was an experience.  I had to go drive about 20 minutes to get to the lab too. Wish they could have let me just go to the one that is less than a mile from me. Anyway, that is done and should be 'clean'.  Since I have never taken any illegal drugs.

I have been enjoying getting up at my leisure the last few days. Training is to be tomorrow. I am looking forward to this new chapter in my life.   It sounds like a great company with regular 8 hour days.  I will have to get used to having my nights off again.  Woo hoo! 

Off to go relax for the evening.  That new show Awake is on again tonight. Didn't quite understand it last week so I'm hoping it is a little easier to understand tonight.  I know the guy wakes up one day and is with his wife, and then the next he wakes up and is with his son..and there was an accident.. and somebody got killed..but which one is real?? .. or is neither real?.  just don't quite get it, but maybe we're not suppose to yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment