Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hurry up and Wait!

I had what I thought was a few recent career opportunities but unfortunately nothing has transpired yet. What I do not understand is why post open positions if not ready to fill them yet?  This is what happened with one of the places I responded to.  Talk about putting the cart in front of the horse.  They are not even ready for an underwriter yet at this point. I don't know why people don't like getting bombarded with resumes if they aren't ready to hire yet.  What is worse though is having a great phone interview, or at least what seemed like a great phone interview, and then nothing!  I followed up four different times...nothing!  Professional courtesy went out of style I guess since last I was looking for a job!  It doesn't even have to be a phone call. A quick impersonal email, thanks but no thanks would do.  Oh well.  I guess when you are the employer with the position and there are hundreds applying for the job, courtesy is not required. 

I am still hopeful and have connected with at least one possibility.  In the meantime, life goes on.  Work is still pretty slow but hopefully with March having started it will pick up soon.  I'd sure hate to start charging groceries again.

Hubby has been watching a lot of shows on the History channel that have to deal with doom and gloom of the future. One show said that Texas and most southern states will be deserts in less than 10 years. The Colorado river will dry up and things will be really bad.  I am not saying that it cannot happen, but I do not think it is great to be worried about it either.  I do my part, hardly ever driving, always recycling, etc., trying to contribute to be earth friendly.  But I am not worrying about moving North in the next few years.  I am just going to take one catastrophe at a time. Lets start with the belief that the world will end in 2012.  I'm waiting for January 1st, 2013 to see if we're all still around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment