Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

Okay so we're not having a typical Christmas Eve.  Many are gathered with family and/or close friends for dinner. Many are going to church whether it is their obligatory once a year appearance or whether it is to truly thank God for his son who we celebrate the birth of tomorrow.

I did do some cleaning today including toilet scrubbing.  Yes on Christmas Eve!  Right now we are watching Long Island Medium. I would be watching Its a Wonderful Life but my hubby is not interested in seeing it again.  He doesn't know how I can like to watch this or other Christmas movies every year. But that is one of the things I like about Christmas! :)   Call me corny but it isn't really Christmas unless I've seen White Christmas. I am planning on seeing it tomorrow with my youngest.

We are waiting for my youngest to get here later tonight after she is done her last day of work.  She is going to be student teaching so she quit her job at JC Penney as she would not be able to fit that into her schedule. It is hard to believe she only has one more semester left and then she is done college!  And if she doesn't come back home to live for a while.. that will be my full -fledged status as an empty nester.  Oye!  I don't want to think about it.

I won't think about it!  I am just looking forward to her visit and can't wait to have her home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment