Monday, December 10, 2012

Taking a moment

Before I get to work in a few minutes, thought I'd take a moment.  The angel card project I participate in is going full force now....I got over 100 Christmas cards done so far.  I'm just waiting for some ink I ordered to print out more photos of the dogs to put in them.  I do that to give folks a little something to make them smile. (the photo is in Nov 25th blog).

I am getting busier with work as well and worked this weekend, first weekend in nearly two months. I am finally getting comfortable with my current position and am happy to get over for the most part the learning curve of starting at a new place. :)

I haven't been able to (or took the time to) visit the local Farmers Market on Thursday afternoons the way I like to and have really missed making some fresh vegetables.  I know I could get them at the store, but with so many things being treated with pesticides or being GMO (genetically modified organisms) food that is not so healthy for you.  So I started getting Greenling delivered to me.  It is wonderful!  It is locally grown (in TX) fruit and produce that I can either hand pick or purchase by the box.

I get the 'local box' delivered and have gotten it twice so far.  I order every 3 weeks or so. It is fresh, local, they deliver and they provide recipes too!  That part I love as some times I get things I've never even heard of!  This last order I got a butternut squash and Kohlrabi. I still have to see what part of the Kohlrabi one even eats, but it is fun! I never had butternut squash before. I used the butternut squash last night in a recipe I found online for roasted vegetables (the recipe that came in the box was for mashed butternut squash and I did'nt really want to make that. Snapped a photo below.






Everything it it except the red peppers (from my own garden) was from my order: onion, shitaki mushrooms, green peppers, and of course butternut squash. It turned out to be a wonderful tasty dish! Of course hub didn't eat it as he likes none of those vegetables...so I froze some to have as my veges with two other meals.

Well better get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment