Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas musings..

Our youngest got here Christmas Eve after 10:30pm, so I did not stay up real long to visit as it was getting late. But it was nice to know she was home safe and sound and there was plenty of time to visit during the next few days.

Christmas morning I decided I wasn't going to bother exercising since after all it was Christmas!  So that was my little gift to me. :)   After Stac came downstairs we watched her open up her gifts.  She liked all of them, but part of the gift was also to get some more clothes that would be student teaching appropriate since she will be doing that next semester. Schools frown upon teachers wearing jeans and sweat shirts. :)

I got my crock pot meat loaf and potatoes started and then we baked some old fashioned sugar cookies, you know the kind you roll out, then use cookie cutters in different shapes, then decorate.  We used Christmas trees, angels, rocking horses and I forget, one other shape I think.  They are not my favorite cookie and rather a pain with all the steps, but my mom put in a special request for them, so we made them. They sure made the kitchen smell great! 

Then we went over and visited my folks up the road for a little and took over some warm cookies and a gift I had gotten my mom. She had mentioned a CD player but did not want the kind with ear plugs.  I found just the right size one.  After we got to my parents and seated ourselves in their living room my dad started in on a story about how he was looking for a CD player. I looked at my hub and he looked at me. I started to try to remember where I put the receipt!  Back to my dad's story, he confused the worker and himself (I guess) about speakers separate from the player and it ended up that he did NOT get one.  So I turned to my mom and smiled and told her she should open her gift. She did and she likes it but didn't recall telling me about the CD player desire at all.  She apparently DID tell my dad.  She had just told me last Tuesday but I guess she forgot. She is 85 so I can't expect her to remember everything.  I thanked my dad for not getting one but also apologized that I got one and he didn't. 

My dad has a portable bridge game that has a button that is not functioning.  He had wanted me to find out if it could be sent back to be repaired as the exact game is not made any longer. I actually found some on an online auction website (although have not purchased yet), so I just gave him a note saying a replacement game will come).  While he appreciates that, he still wants to see about sending his back for repair.  Ugh!  I was trying to avoid having to get into that, but guess I will try to find out for him.  I haven't done anything about it yet as Stac is still here visiting.

We were going to go into town to shop yesterday but it was only suppose to get up to the mid 40's..brrrr.. That is COLD for central Texas.  Today's forecast was partly cloudy and high of 54 so thought it would be better to go today. Although we went and had a great time and she got some new clothes...the weather sucked!  It was drizzly all afternoon and never got above 45 degrees out. I hate when they are that OFF with the weather forecast when walking around outside!

That is done though, dinner too. So we are relaxing now, watching TV, and I have the smallest furkid in my lap while I am typing with one hand blogging.  I loved having off this week so far, but I keep forgetting what day it is!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment