Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saturday for REAL

Having most of this week off, has made me think it was Saturday so many times, so I can say I have the right day for once! :)

My youngest went back to her college town yesterday and is set to fly out to PA this morning. Luckily it looks like the flight is on schedule.  I wasn't real sure when heard about the prediction for some snow back east to hit today. It sounds like it will only be a few inches so all should go as planned.

Since we cleaned the house pretty thoroughly for Christmas, I don't have to think about cleaning this weekend, just doing laundry. That reminds me, have to put some clothes in the dryer...

I'm back. No real plans today.  I'm watching Pit Bulls and Parolees on TV. I admire that lady for rescuing Pitt bulls and trying to find new homes for them. I admit, I am very cautious whenever I am near them and tend to avoid them.  I can't help it. I am trying to change my attitude about them, especially after I watch a few episodes of this show. 

At least I feel we do our part by adopting rescued shelties and shellions (we think  Ditzy is papillon/sheltie mix). We also took care of some friend's dogs while they were away at Christmas. 

On top of that we also tried to let my youngest's dog stay here but she is a lot bigger than our dogs. I would guess she is blue heeler/lab mix.  She is a doll and adorable but she kept barking at our dogs wanting to play with them and that resulted in them snapping at her and avoiding her like the plague.  Although she was taking their warnings, I wasn't sure if she might just snap back. Stac called her boyfriend to say he had to take her back to his folks house. They only have one dog who is older and they had agreed to watch her anyway, so I didn't even know we'd be trying to deal with it.  My hubby was stressed out over all the dog situations so that compounded the problem. One of the dogs we tried to take care of for our friends would not come to us at ALL and did not eat for two days. They had 4 dogs that we were going over to feed twice a day. Hub says never again and I agree, although it was easier once someone that the scared dog knew, picked him up and took care of him for the rest of the time.

Now everything is back to normal and we survived Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment