Sunday, December 23, 2012

Dreams

Apparently two nights ago I snored, all night long and loudly!  My husband teased me about it from the moment I came into the kitchen yesterday morning.  He was zinging me with comments like "even when you rolled over, I thought it would stop and then ...SSSSNNoooree.. you'd start in again", and "it was so bad, even the dogs were bothered. I looked over and saw Ditzy's paws in her ears"!  Of course when one is sleeping soundly, one doesn't notice.  I had no clue!  Of course I shot back such comments as "well it was payback time, honey!"  There have been plenty of times when he was rockin' the walls himself.

Anyway I recalled that the night before I had very challenging dreams.  It was one of those nights that I was dealt with tasks in my dreams that never actually were achieved.  I hate those kind of dreams and hate when I dream them.  After all, aren't dreams suppose to be our down time, recharging activity time?  A time for rest, relaxation, building up energy for the next day's tasks?  Why then are they just as frustrating as some days sometimes?

So last night I was determined to attempt not to snore but also have nicer dreams.  My hubby said I snored just once, well I let out one snort last night. So to me that meant that I did not snore.  But I also remember having nicer dreams.  I dreamt about riding bikes along rolling green hills, liking a man that was cute but was not mine.... yet.

I rarely dream about my husband, or my dogs for that matter. Once in a while my kids are in there but not that often.  Wonder what that means?  I would think my family would be in every dream I have ,but no.  I am never my age in my dreams either.  Wonder if it is that way for everyone?  I am always young, pretty and quite often in love or at least lust with someone.  Those are the good dreams that I like and welcome them any time.  I choose to have those kind all the time, but we cannot pick what we dream about can we?  Maybe if I think of the things I want to dream about right before going to sleep, that will help.  Sometimes dreams seem to last forever too and others are way too short.  The ones that seem to last all night long for me are the bad ones that I wake up remembering how frustrating they were.

Enough about that for now. Christmas eve is tomorrow and I have some gifts to wrap and will get some cookie dough ready to put in the fridge for baking on Christmas day with the youngest.  My mom put in a request for old fashioned sugar cut out cookies so that is what I will get ready today. 

I found out I have off tomorrow too, so that is great! I didn't remember we were told at training in October and I have a few days off this week anyway, so turns out I only have to work 1/2 day Friday! I have never had this much paid time off at Christmas, so I consider this fact alone a wonderful Christmas gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment