Monday, June 17, 2013

Another Monday over..

Glad this day is over.  It wasn't particularly hard, just seemed long.  I did not have to work any O.T. which is good. 

Guess what?  That birds nest in the bag of brush that we have on the porch keeps getting a new egg every day.  There were three in there today! I thought they laid their eggs all at one time but these birds aren't doing that. I'm pretty sure there was only the one egg the other day but sure enough there are three. I'm going to look again tomorrow to see if there may be four.

My zuchini plant is getting some white spots on it and I looked it up on the Internet as to what it may be. Looks a lot like the powdery mildew photos I found. I'm trying a milk/water solution sprayed on the leaves. So hopefully that will help. They are flowering nicely and I sure would like to get some zucchini before the plants die from disease.

I saw some tiny peppers this morning so that was exciting. I've picked a few cherry tomatoes but that's it so far. I'm planning on taking them to my mom's tomorrow when I go visit for an hour or so.

It has been getting really hot these days, although not quite to 100 degrees. I sure hope I can get some vegetables before everything burns up.

No comments:

Post a Comment