Saturday, June 8, 2013

Same 24 hours

We all have the same 24 hours every single day to do what we choose to fill up those hours right?  Every day we choose whether to grab a granola bar on the way out the door  on the way to work, or whether to sit down to eggs and toast or old fashioned cream of wheat and hope that the traffic isn't too bad. For that matter we choose whether to even go to work that day at all or call in a mental health day.  Well for me I don't commute to work nor do I ever call in 'sick' but I use these examples just to point out that we do all have 24 hours every day that we fill up.

For me, since I've been working so much these days, I pick and choose what I want to do with the few hours I am not working or sleeping.  :-)  My mom, bless her heart gives me all her People magazines when she is done with them.  Have I ever really sat down and looked at one?  NO!  My eyes get strained enough using the computer all day long.  I'm not in any sort of mood to use them again for reading.  Mindless television watching is about all I can take some evenings after looking at a monitor all day.

So I am working this weekend again. But we are also planning on getting in a movie and checking out our favorite shop in town. Unfortunately, this house doesn't get clean by itself.  I pick and choose what is important for me to keep clean!

Dusting?....not so important...


Clean doggie doors...very important!


A clean floor is tops on my list...and this time using carpet powder that helps it to not smell like 5 dogs...at least for a few days. 

That's all I'm getting for now.  Even if I get nothing else done this weekend but the toilets, I'm feeling good about what I've cleaned.  Hey..can't sweat the small stuff.  Okay to work with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment