Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Neat!

Remember when I wrote about how there was one egg in a birds nest made inside a bag for brush/trimmings? Well there are now 4 eggs! Each day there has been one more! The picture I took of the 4 just now turned out blurry so I'll just post the one hub took of 3 eggs. Turns out some birds (maybe most?) lay there eggs several days in a row. I thought it was a once and done thing! So neat! I am going to have to put a doggy gate up when these babies are getting ready to hatch. I can't have dogs going by this bag, back and forth.  That will freak out the mommy bird!

I noticed it freaking out today as it is just outside my window where this nest is and I went out to the doorway to see what was stressing it out so much. Turns out Ditzy was laying under the glider which sits not too far from the bag. So I called her in so as to not disturb the bird.  She was probably squawking because she wanted to lay another egg!
Nest with 3 EGGS now




                                                                                                       

______

Often folks ask me how I can eat yogurt so much.  I have it nearly every day for lunch, when I'm not trying out the Grab N' Go salads that Greenling has like I am now.  You just have to be creative!  Here's what I made on Sunday for lunch. 
Raspberries from my Greenling order, berry yogurt, spearmint leaves from my balcony garden, and peanuts for a little more protein and crunch!  Yum!


I like getting creative with lots of things including dessert!
Here I made the dreamsicle pie that I sell at my website and added some whipped cream and a cherry on top!


No comments:

Post a Comment