Monday, June 24, 2013

Garden update..The good and the bad

Well since we had a cool spring that did not turn to 90 degrees by February,  summer is now upon Central Texas with a vengeance, it is getting hotter and staying hot well into the night.  I've been taking my walks in the evening and waiting past 8:00PM to do so but even still it is sometimes still above 90 degrees even then.

This morning I decided to take my walk early while it was still in the 70's. It was a lot nicer but my body doesn't like it quite as much being required to take a mile and a half walk when it has just woken up!   I wish I had the camera with me today though because I spotted the moon. I tried to see it last night on my walk but it was too cloudy. This is suppose to be when the moon is its largest ever.  But I didn't have my camera with me and wasn't about to get all the dogs riled up again.

Anyway I took a few pictures of my balcony garden.  I'm afraid my zucchini is suffering I guess from the heat (or disease). The once flourishing spread of green leaves is dying.  I don't think it will bear anything either before they are all dead.


On a good note, I am seeing some peppers and some more tomatoes.  Hopefully they will continue to withstand the heat.  The plants in the front balcony are all still doing nicely. Maybe I need to plant more there as they don't get hours of sun that the back does that is likely frying my garden.




No comments:

Post a Comment