Thursday, August 25, 2016

Back at it

I realize that I had written earlier this week I wrote I had off Tuesday and then Tuesday I wrote I had off yesterday.  I found out on Monday that I had actually put in for yesterday off so I was wrong about Tuesday.  Anyway now that that is all straightened out, I can say it was productive taking yesterday off.

It was productive because I was waiting until I took a day off to get the internet cable people here.  Our Internet and phones had been going off at least a few times a day and worse whenever we used the air conditioner and that was driving me nuts.  But it is a good thing I waited until the day off because it took the guy 2 hours to get it fixed.  Hubby and I had more than a few of those moments when we wondered if he knew what the heck he was doing. All I knew was that he was not walking out the door until I tried all the systems and knew everything was working again, phones, Dvd player, TVs and Internet.  He added another contraption that helps the signal. He also asked me how old our our router was. I think it was about 7 years but I didn't know for sure.  He said they usually only last a few years.  He said ours wasn't working well enough for what we needed.  He highly suggested I shop around and get a new one.  Well I know jack about them and don't have the time or desire to research it.  Hubby asked if they could provide the router and to my surprise they could.  It is extra per month but well worth it to me.  I just need everything to work 24/7 !!

Today was the big test.  We turned the air conditioner on late morning and the Internet stayed on the whole time!  Woo hoo! 

We went out to Mas Fajitas for lunch and I got my frozen margarita. Yum!  We  ran a few errands after that and then the day was over.   It went too fast!  Lol.

I was back into the groove today but I didn't work any after dinner.  I'm going to offer to work the weekend since I did not last weekend. We'll see if there is any work to do. I did order a few new books to read so if they come by the weekend I can start reading one of them too. 

Kids are back to school here so I've been seeing the school buses in the morning again when I walk.  Fall is around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment