Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sunday Blog

I didn't realize it had been that many days since I blogged.  Sorry about that!  Quite honestly though there hasn't bee an ton to blog about. 

I will say that since my walk on Wednesday I thought I had something in my right eye. I really didn't check it thoroughly when I got back but just sort of pulled my upper lid over my lower lid and then pulled the outside corner to the side to see if there was anything there.But I didn't see anything.   By Thursday I noticed that eye hurting a little (like maybe I accidentally poked myself in the eye) but I really didn't think a lot about it. That never really went away but yesterday morning when I was applying eye liner I happened to pull my lower lid out a little and there was a black speck there.  I had to work at it a few times to get it out. I was starting to think it was some sort of growth inside my lid but as I said I got it out.  It was really small. I don't know if it was a tiny piece of wood or what but I was mad at myself for not checking sooner since it had been in there for days at that point. My lower eyelid inside was a bit red in that area too.  I am just glad it didn't do any more harm than it did and really glad I decided to put makeup on yesterday or that 'foreign object' would still been in there. Oye!

I've been enjoying the Olympics but frankly will be glad when they are over.  I miss watching my regular shows although there hasn't been a lot on this summer of interest. 

The youngest has been visiting since yesterday which has been nice.  She also brought her boyfriend who got to meet my mom last evening.  He is a very nice guy and someone the youngest has actually known since college.  We ate out at Longhorn Steakhouse last evening.  Her boyfriend had never been to one and he really enjoyed his prime rib last night.

It was nice having a weekend off. I didn't work at all, although I may work a little later this evening because I have off on Tuesday and there may be a bit much to handle tomorrow based on how much work I saw left at the end of the day Friday. Whatever I can't get to can go to someone else but I like to see my work all the way through to the end.

I'm starting to take my vacation days here and there because the end of the year seems to be right around the corner. If I don't use my vacation I lose it, so use it I shall.


No comments:

Post a Comment