Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Good news Letter or is it?

Yippee! I got a letter today that my results of my mammogram shows no signs of breast cancer.  But the next line indicates my breast tissue is considered dense. Then another paragraph was after that indicating that dense breast tissue could hide abnormalities. Wonderful!  After the paragraph in parenthesis was Henda's Law.  So I looked that up. There was a woman who had dense breast tissue and turns out to have had breast cancer that was not showing up in the mammogram due to dense breast tissue. While I appreciate she wants to make everyone aware of this condition, it is not all that comforting.  So great, I could have breast cancer but not know it because it wouldn't show up?!  Ugh!

I have probably have dense breasts all my life so I am not going to get worked up over it. Just wondered why that letter was different than others I've gotten and now I know.  As far as I'm concerned, clear mammogram! :)

 Glad hump day is over....is it Friday yet?  It has been that sort of week. I already can't wait for this week to be over.  We are getting our kitchen cabinets painted white.  I think it will really spruce up the kitchen and brighten up the area too. Other than replacing the oven/microwave they are really the last thing to get done. We already had the rest done 3-4 years ago.  We'll take some before and after photos.  We are going to paint the trim parts and having just the doors and draws painted by someone that hubby knows in the business to do that sort of thing.  We are taking our time and will take a few weeks to get it all done.  At least that is something to look forward too.

No comments:

Post a Comment