Sunday, August 11, 2013

Warm Weekend

Okay so it was downright hot!  But it was a nice weekend with the youngest.  We just got done helping a poor little black and white terrier type dog that was wandering the neighborhood.  I tried calling animal control and we tried to give it a treat but it wouldn't come to us and animal control was closed for the evening.  I was hesitant to try to pick it up in case it was sick and may bite.  But I tried to take it some water, although it wouldn't come to the little bowl I set down on the sidewalk for it.

It finally laid down in a neighbor's yard two doors down.  I decided to go knock on their door because I know they have 2 small dogs and maybe they just didn't know that one got loose.  It wasn't their dog but the kind lady offered to get her husband and try to get it and keep it in the garage overnight until animal control could be contacted tomorrow.  Her hubby didn't have a hard time getting it to come to him at all.  He was so gentle with it.  I didn't expect them to offer to help it out but the wife said she had seen it outside earlier in the afternoon.  Wow, I didn't see until a short while ago when our dogs started to bark again.  

I was grateful the neighbors agreed to take it in as the woman remembered that we had at least 2 dogs . I told her we have more than that! :)  So anyway, I feel so much better for that poor little boy.  I am going to call or go over there sometime tomorrow to ask how it went. I just hope his owner misses him and contacts the animal shelter.

Stac and I saw Elysium today. It has Matt Damon in it. It was good but I didn't like the ending. I always like happy endings!

Yesterday we hit a lot of garage sales and she was able to gets some books and school supplies for her classroom. She starts teaching Kindergarten in a few weeks.  She is excited and I can't believe my youngest is all grown up with a grown up job. 

We tried to call my oldest earlier to just catch up on her life since Stac is here too but I had to leave a voice mail.  She's probably having some fun somewhere out with her fiance'.

No comments:

Post a Comment