Friday, August 16, 2013

~ New Project ~

A few weeks ago I mentioned to hubby that we really should do something about our kitchen cabinets. We had the counter top , back splash, sink and stove/hood replaced already about 4 years ago.  I really want to get the cabinets replaced or at least refaced. Hubby says we shouldn't get that done because the dogs will just scratch up all the doors they can reach from the floor like they are now.  But I didn't want to wait years until we did something.  I can see his point with five dogs, but I like to LIVE, not worry about not doing stuff because the dogs may cause some damage. 

So I brought up just getting them painted for now.  Hubby knows a guy who does the painting of cabinets, etc., for a living. We are going to tackle the trim and sides of the cabinets ourselves. The plan is to paint them all white and get new hardware.  I'm excited and it won't cost a ton of money. Then in the future we can get the cabinets refaced or replaced if we want.

Here's some before pictures. Hubby has already started removing and labeling doors. He's going to work on taping off most of it by next weekend and we will sand and paint the trim hopefully next weekend.  We don't want to be pressed to get it done so we're not getting the doors done until we've got the rest all ready.  Below are some before pictures.  The cabinets don't look too bad in the pictures but there are some that are. The ones below the kitchen sink have quite a bit of the varnish layer chipped off and some are scratched from the dogs.








Here's some pictures just taken today with most of the doors off.. See all my Gourmet Cupboard in the one cupboard above my canisters? :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment