Monday, August 12, 2013

Happy Ending

Remember how I said I like happy endings?  Well the lost dog dilemma from yesterday has a happy ending!!

Remember the nice neighbor who took this little dog in?  Luckily they did too because shortly after I got home it started pouring rain!  It didn't last long but it was really coming down for a little while. Well I called her around 11:30 this morning to see if the little guy ate or drank anything and to check if the local animal control had picked him up. My neighbor was happy to tell me that he ate more than a cup of dog food and drank a lot of water. Great! She was expecting to hear from animal control at any time that they were on their way to pick up the dog.   I told my neighbor that I had checked on craigslist last night to see if anyone posting a missing small dog but no one had.  Feeling good that the little guy was being well taken care of, I said goodbye and hung up.

I thought why not check Craigslist another time.  Well there was an ad posed around 10:30 this morning for a lost black and white rat terrier, 10 + years old not too far from my area.  That must be the dog!!  I called my neighbor back and gave her the contact phone numbers listed.  I then replied to that Craigslist and wrote that the dog was spotted yesterday and is being cared for by someone that would call them shortly.  Sure enough it was there missing dog, and by noon they were reunited!  Turns out the dog is 16 or 17 years old and was missing since Saturday.  I was sure glad that all ended well, although if I lost one of ours I wouldn't wait until Monday to post it on the Lost & Found.  Of course animal control would have picked him up but then he'd go through more trauma being stuck in a shelter and if the owners would check out the shelter it would cost them to get him back.  So glad our dogs barked at the little fellow last evening. Otherwise who knows what would have happened. Cheers to my neighbor and us!

No comments:

Post a Comment