Monday, May 11, 2015

Saturday Pictures

We went to an event for the animal shelter on Saturday called "Art for Animals".  They have silent auctions and offer finger food (mostly sweets) and wine (wine is not free though).  And they also have raffles for winning different baskets.

We always have a good time there.  As I was strolling around I spotted for auction a pair of overalls (off white) that were shorts length and was hand painted with paw prints and small dog face pictures, etc. I thought it was cute and it would probably fit me so I bid $30.  No one else bid for a while but then this other lady and I were having..well a bidding war.  I went up to $200.  She went $220 and I let it go at that.  It was fun bidding against her.  I had Steve watching for me when she upped her bid and I would go over and bid.  I still had a few minutes after seeing her bid for $220 but I thought that was way overboard! :))  But again it was fun.

They had a photo booth there too and you could put some costume type things on. I tried something over my eyes (with feathers) but it wouldn't stay in place.  Steve wore a hat. Here are the pictures. The only reason there is 2 of us kissing is we didn't think it 'took'  so we did it twice. The last one with the hat in front was hubby's idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment