Saturday, May 9, 2015

When I can't cut my toenails...

Every once in a while we all ponder about our mortality, those of us over 50..maybe a bit more than others. ;-)

I do think about it now and then. How old will I live to be?  People are living longer than they ever have these days.  I think about my own aging and wonder how it will progress from here.  I refuse to think of myself as old let alone middle aged although technically I guess I am.  I heard recently though that 'THEY say 60 is the new 40'.  Works for me.  But seriously when I think about when I will consider myself old, I wonder at what point will I say "Okay I admit it, I'm old".

Today I thought about it while I was going about my morning doing some personal hygiene. Then it came to me.  When I can no longer bend over and trim my toenails, then I will admit that I am old.  I won't say it is when I can no longer shave under my arms because I already have to either do it standing in front of a mirror or do my best in the shower while trying to see my arm pit with my bare eyes...getting tougher these days...and yes I still only use my reading glasses when needed, not my prescription ones.  Well I can't wear glasses in the shower anyway so why am I even bringing that up?

So there. When I can no longer trim my toenails I'll be officially old.




No comments:

Post a Comment