Sunday, May 24, 2015

Yippee!!

Why am I so happy?   Because the sun actually came out a couple time today.  Yes it is that rare these days!  We had tons of rain again last night and was cloudy most of the day.

So this morning when I was sipping my coffee and looking out the kitchen window I saw a snail attached to the window (on the outside). I figured I'd rarely get an opportunity to snap a picture of one at this angle any time soon so I took a picture and tried to contrast it enough so you can see the snail suctioned onto the window.  :)  This is the best I can do.  But that it was pretty cool.  The windows sure need cleaning too huh?


Well hubby took Kaci and Ditzy to the vet yesterday while I was at my dentist appointment. Ditzy had her mouth checked from having her dental last week.  Kaci has been limping really badly the last couple days.  Ditzy's mouth is doing fine.  Kaci unfortunately did not get a good prognosis. The vet was using words like Spinosis and Arthritis and she had a lot of disk degeneration and bone spurs?.. best guess as to what Steve was telling me..anyway she gave us meds for the pain and he asked her if there was anything that could be done.  We are going to see if the meds help any but she did mention some stem cell operation they could try but it costs thousands.  It is not that I don't think my dogs are worth it, but she is nearly 10 1/2 and there is also a chance it would not work. So at this point we are just doing the meds approach and seeing how she is.  She never cries or whimpers but there have been a few nights over the last 2-3 weeks that she's seemed restless at night...like she just couldn't get comfortable.  No wonder!  The doc said what would equate to her elbows are 'shot' and she's got problems in her neck and a lot of issues down in hips/back.

We tend to think our fur kids will always be around but they won't.  I certainly know better than that intellectually but I guess we just pretend they are never aging.  After all, they hardly really LOOK like they are.  Kaci will be 10 1/2 next month, Molly is already 10 1/2 (Tuesday will be), Tika is 8 yrs 4 mos, Merlin turned 8 on 5/12 and Ditzy our 'baby' as best we can tell on age (got her and she was a stray), will be 5 next month. 

Oh I wanted to mention when I was pulling back in from my hair appointment yesterday I happened to look at my mileage.  Just turned 19000 miles!  I bought my car brand new in October of 2007. It is a 2008 Toyota Corolla.  So I've had it 7 1/2 years and have it barely broken in with 19,000 miles. :))
Yah me for working at home and having a car that may actually last me another 20 years, as long as I'm still coordinated enough to use the clutch, I say bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment