Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Post # 171...2019

Is it already Tuesday evening?....This week is going way too fast for me!!
But I'm relaxing and also doing some things that I want to do. For instance today I sang on singsnap and managed to pull off 5 songs that I'm happy with.

Yesterday hubby & I went grocery shopping together at our favorite store that has 10% off for seniors on Mondays.  We saved $78!!  Yup it was 33% of the bill and I was thrilled!  I was enjoying looking at the variety of fruit and such that they had available.  I don't know what Jack Fruit tastes like but I didn't give it a shot since it was so very big (and if I didn't like it I would be tossing it and I hate to do that, especially something that is so big.)  I snapped a picture of it by itself and then next to a full pineapple which was dwarfed by it.

Then yesterday afternoon we saw Crawl at the local movie theater.  It was good for a thriller...and yes I jumped I think 3 times in my seat.  :)

This morning we took Bella for her vet appointment. I was worried she would maybe bite them as her last experience with any stranger outside the home was the groomer who came into our garage to groom her after work last month and that was a fiasco.  But she did really well and didn't snap at any of them.  And the vet checked her out physically as I told her that nearly every time I pick her up she yelps when I am nearly to the floor to put her down.  She said she does have some Patellar luxation which means the patella (kneecap) slips out of place for some reason and can cause pain, etc.. But she said many small breed dogs tend to have that and she didn't think Bella had a bad case of it or anything and she is less than 3 years old.  So there is no real reason why she yelps when I put her on the floor.  She doesn't yelp when hubby picks her out and puts her down either.  So I guess at this point I will have to try to get over my own fear of picking her up (and placing her on the floor) . LOL.  I've never had this with any of the many dogs I've owned. It is just so weird.

Our appointment was at 9:30am and I hadn't eaten yet so when we got back I made myself a nice breakfast which I certainly couldn't have done if I didn't have off. I had organic raspberries drizzled with chocolate syrup, cantaloupe drizzled with local honey, apples with cinnamon and the 2nd half of my whole grain bagel that I got at the store yesterday also drizzled with honey.  It was yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment