Thursday, July 18, 2019

Post #172....2019

Can I please have another week off?  Can I?  P*L*E*A*S*E?
I am having such a nice time off and I don't want it to be Thursday afternoon already.

Yesterday I walked by myself as one of my walking buddies is not feeling well and the other had an early appointment.  I took this video of my 'long walk'.   Too funny huh?  :)


I also spotted a baby deer that had a white belly.  I haven't seen one quite this color that I recall. The fact that it covered so far up each side with white, made it look different.

Then yesterday later in the morning we headed down to an fun little town south of here called Gruene.  We have been there before with the kids but always on a Saturday or Sunday when it was packed and parking was scarce.  So it was wonderful going mid-week.  It was great going into shops and being able to easily get around and look at things.  We couldn't find the nice restaurant we wanted to eat at but I remembered another place we could drive to that I had eaten at with the kids when I was visiting last fall.  That place is called The Gruene Door and it is more of an upscale eatery but very good food and was indoors with nice air conditioning!  (We had started out at the wrong restaurant in Gruene and ordered/paid for our drinks then left after realizing it wasn't the right place.  It was all outdoor seating and the women's rest room that I visited reminded me of the latrines at summer camp).  

Today we stayed home and I am doing some light laundry and organizing...no toilet scrubbing (but that will likely be done this weekend when my vacation is officially over).  LOL 

And I created a great ice cream treat for those times when we don't feel like jumping in the car and going to Sonic for my favorite ice cream treat the  M&M Sonic Blast (which in this weather is half melted by the time it gets to our house after only a 5 minute drive).  



No comments:

Post a Comment