Monday, November 11, 2013

Gross!

Those of you who know me, know that I try to eat healthy every day.  I do have my treats now and then like a Sonic Blast, but I even got hubby to buy Plain Greek yogurt today so that I can make smoothies with unsweetened yogurt, fruit, local honey and flax seed. This is what I had today for lunch.

Hubby bought something akin (but way far akin) to burgers that he thought looked good and wanted to try with tots for dinner.  They are called Johnsonville Grillers and they looked really, really gross raw so I dug the box out of the recycle bin to look at it. "These are cheddar cheese and bacon flavor pork patties", I started to read to hubby. "What?  I thought they were hamburger, not pork".  Nope they are pork. I proceeded to read the box. 1 patty is 460 Calories.  Calories from Fat are 350! 39g of fat, 14 g of those saturated fat. Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 1040 mg!  I could feel my stomach starting to churn (not in a good way) at my reading of all of these things. One of the ingredients was powdered cellulose!  Cellulose! Might as well just slap that right on my thighs!

Needless to say I pretty much lost my appetite for it by the time it was on my plate. Ugh.  I managed to get down almost half of it. Although it was pork, it was rubber-like consistency. For once hubby who usually loves junk food, agreed with me and didn't even eat most of his second burger. 

Makes me wonder if I really should start doing the grocery shopping again. ;-)

Oh this morning I spilled coffee on my laptop and thought it was okay as I dried it out well, got it to start okay, but then screen turned 50 shades of pink/gray so...may not be okay.  I turned it off and will try again tomorrow.  Thank God I still have my trusty ol' Toshiba laptop!

No comments:

Post a Comment