Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Prep Time

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I have started to get some things prepped already.  Last night my youngest and I made crock pot peanut clusters. Super easy and super delish!  I am freezing some to pull out at Christmas time.  Here's a picture of them.  Looks like I must have a candy shop doesn't it? :-)



Late this afternoon and evening will be pie baking. We're making Apple Crumb and Pumpkin pie. Then I want to also get the potatoes done and ready to go into the crock pot tomorrow (refrigerating overnight will probably let the sour cream and cream cheese, etc flavors really blend in too).


Hubby came back Monday from being back east since the 19th. He has a good friend in PA that he has missed and who has missed him so we booked him a flight and a bargain one I'd say since it was only about 2 weeks out that I booked it. It was only I think $359 round trip including tax. We did the non-refundable ticket as there was no need to make sure it was refundable. He was going and I never go anywhere. However by that Friday I learned that I was to go to corporate (for work) the same week. After finding out the non-refundable ticket meant we'd lose $200, I begged off from the work trip and it was granted, luckily.  I have only had to go to corporate one other time this year for training and had no idea anything like this was planned.

Anyway I have to say although I missed him it was nice eating all my veggie meals, watching whatever I wanted on TV and having the toilet seat down all the time, well he's usually good about that. The only part I hated was at night. Yes I still tend to get scared like when I was a kid. So I'd leave the TV on with the volume way down.  The first night I left it on until the following morning close to 6:00AM. Then next night it was before 5:00AM. Then by Saturday the youngest came home for Thanksgiving break so I didn't leave the TV on any more after that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment