Thursday, November 7, 2013

That was good?

Surprise!  Blogging before work today. I wanted to share that the local city council election was won by the opponent and not the woman I wanted to win.  Lost by 110 votes.  What surprised me was the low number of voters!  The total votes were 1282.  But word has it that was good! That was a better turn out than last time.  Seriously?  This city has over 50,000 residents. Now granted it was not a national election but still, what is more important to vote on than who is going to sit on the council for our very own little town?  The place where we pay taxes, live and attempt to thrive?  That is of the utmost importance to me.  It just floors me that less than 3 percent of the town chose to vote and with early voting available too?!  It wasn't held just one day that might not be possible or a real inconvenience to someone. There were 11 days in which to vote and several locations available as well.  I can only hope the elected council member will do right for this town. At least I know I voted and if anyone complains about the new city council they will likely be guilty of not getting off their butt and voting!  

Well today is my Friday as I have tomorrow off. Yippee!  I hope today is a nice day and goes fast! It is a chilly 39 degrees out right now. Brrrrr....Thanked my hubby for having the heat on in the main living area by the time I came down in my exercise garb this morning.  There is nothing worse than trying to warm up when your muscles are constricted from being COLD.  ;)

Off to work..

No comments:

Post a Comment