Sunday, November 17, 2013

Nice Weekend

I just got back a few hours ago from going to my youngest's for the weeekend.  It was the first time I drove to her apartment but it was an easy enough, pleasant 3+ hour drive.  She has a nice 2 bedroom apartment in a nice gated complex.  We got pizza Friday night to keep up with the tradition (Friday nights are Pizza night (and beer for me).  So that was nice. Thanks Todd for letting me have one of your beers.

While visiting her, we took her dog Bailey to a dog park and it was nice to see her playing and getting along off leash with several dogs.  I doubt mine would get along so well with other dogs. They are so territorial and are bad barkers. Doubtful I would ever try something like that with them.  Too risky.

We ate dinner last night at Carrabas.  It was so good!  It has been well over year since I've eaten at one. There are not any close by so we just don't get there. We didn't have to wait too long either to get seated, only about 25 minutes.  It was delicious and we had the leftovers today for lunch.  Yum!

I noticed while driving back home that there are some oddly names streets or creeks. There was one sign for a road named Westward Ho. Too funny!  I do believe it was headed the right way too!

It is always amazing to me that no matter what the speed limit is, there are always drivers who will go faster. I followed the speed limit the entire trip and no matter what the limit was there were those who passed me. Who cares? Well I do.  Think about it. If everyone was going no higher than the posted speed limit, NOBODY would be passing!  One of the toll roads actually has a speed limit of 80 mph and I got up to that speed limit though I don't usually like to go that high, as an experiment to see if anyone would pass me. Yup!  Several cars did.  Some had to have been going at least 90 mph.  Unreal!  I wish there were a lot more police staked out on those roads, but I am glad to say at least I arrived home, safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment