Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving week

Here we are at the start of Thanksgiving week, and what better way to start it off than by eating out with my youngest at The Wildfire.  Yum!  I haven't eaten there since New Year's Eve (it isn't very cheap).  We each had a shrimp dish and each brought about half of it home.  That's fine with me.  I don't have to wonder what I am going to have tomorrow for lunch.

It has be cold and rainy all weekend.  The temperature has stayed just warm enough though that we have not had any ice/sleet. 

Even though I have to work this week it will be special since the youngest is here to visit!  We went shopping today for the turkey and all the fixings.  I'm glad that I found every thing I was looking for! We are going to make both apple and pumpkin pies this year.  Thankfully I already have two pie crusts in the freezer.  I also have a peanut chocolate bark to make so we will probably start making some things Tuesday evening, so that everything isn't left for Thursday.  I want to use the bread maker on Thanksgiving too. I have only used it once and it would be nice to have some nice fresh bread on the table. My mouth is watering just thinking about all this FOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment