Thursday, July 30, 2015

Dislike some Dental Hygienists

I went to my obligatory six month check up today at the dentist's office. I don't think I've had the same hygienist in 2 years!  This one was very pleasant and we had some good conversation but as soon as she said she was filling in for someone I was thinking "Here we go again". 

I know they have to SCRAPE the teeth to get tartar build up off but she scraped so hard that it hurt!!  She must have gotten near my nerve on the molars because I nearly yelled out "OUCH YOU"RE KILLING ME YOU KNOW".  But I didn't. I was afraid she'd say "Well if that bothers you, there may be an issue with that tooth".   I honestly don't have any trouble with my teeth in terms of cavities. I have not had an actual cavity in years.  But hey all my molars are either covered with crowns or have fillings in them so there aren't a whole lot of areas that cavity prone still at this point!

It seems to me even though they need to scrape they could be more gentle about it even if they have to scrape longer, instead of feeling like they are ramming that instrument across my gum/tooth line until I want to scream!  I know some of my teeth were bleeding as a result of her doing that too. 

She asked if I floss. Yes I do every day.  I really do and brush my teeth 2 or 3 times a day. She asked if I also use any special brush to get in between the teeth. I told her I can barely get the floss between my teeth. As it is I use the GLIDE brand of floss for that reason.  So no, I don't use yet another instrument on my teeth. Oye!

Anyway, I'm glad it is done!  And that gal is moving out of the area so the chances of me having to let her in my mouth again are slim to none, so hopefully the next time I go I'll get someone gentle - if that is even possible.

I brought up my front tooth crown again and how much I hate it.  It is noticeably longer than the tooth next to it.  I may go the Invisalign braces route as that may be the best plan of action, get lowers straightened and then the crown replaced. The lowers are crocked and pushing that crown out too.  Will think seriously about it.

Don't believe me on the tooth?  I'll show you how bad it looks! Sort of blurry but yah UGLY right?!!



No comments:

Post a Comment