Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Post # 122...2019

Didn't post last night but had a good excuse.  I got up and did the morning walk.  I found out that none of my other walking buddies walked on Friday either so I was glad I didn't bother getting up for it.

I had work all day and then last night hubby & I went to my nephew's Court of Honor for earning his Eagle Scout status. My sister held it at a community center near where she lives.  It was a really huge deal and there were probably close to 100 people there. It was longer than I had hoped but my nephew looked really happy about this achievement and his folks were very proud too. His dad has been a scout master and so he performed some of the ceremony as well.  Unfortunately I couldn't really hear or understand most of what was said as their microphone system was not working.  My youngest and her hubby came up for the event too.  He had earned his Eagle Scout years ago and so I think wanted to make an extra effort.  When they asked all the Eagle scouts in the room to stand up and recite some oath, several of the men did.  Sort of made me feel like the ol' 'gentlemen's club' thing but it was a nice ceremony if you are into that sort of thing.   I know my brother earned his as well years ago, but I don't recall quite the ceremonial to do about it.

My other sister from Ohio and her son attended as well as my nephew's grandparents who flew up from North Carolina.  Like I said, a HUGE deal.  I plan to spend some time later on this week with my sisters.

The one gal who had claimed a lot of my leftover jewelry from me finally came today and paid for and got all her goodies.  I am so happy now.  I feel like I've got a handle on the rest of it, some of which is already claimed but I haven't had the chance to get it together for folks yet.  Today was a longer day at work and this is the first time I'm really able to sit and relax.  I actually got 2 packages ready to ship out tomorrow right after dinner.  I'm not going to do any more work tonight. And now....the rain is back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment