Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day After...

I woke up today wondering what day of the week it was. Ever
have those days? It took me a few minutes to get my
brain functioning.

Didn't take me long to remember it was going to be a day
of Firsts. Today was the first day I didn't have to make
sure I left enough milk for my youngest's cereal..the first
day I didn't have to wake her up by opening her door and
asking her if she was going to sleep all day..the first day I
didn't have to sweep her room for dirty clothes to add to
the laundry...and the first day I don't have to wonder what
time she might be home. Hm....maybe I CAN get used to
this. :)

I was busy today with tons of cleaning because it was way
overdue and with 6 fur kids the house never stays clean.

I got to my youngest's bedroom and decided to spend some
time in it, partly to feel like she was still home and partly
because it still was extremely cluttered. I mean, it didn't
even look like she really left! As I grabbed a box and started
putting hair bands, loose photos and other things in it that
were piled on everything with a surface, I was reminded
of some great times we had. Beautiful dance recitals and
competitions with both girls, exciting football games where
she danced at halftime with the school dance team, and
other great memories.

Didn't get the entire house 'white glove' clean but it was
a major improvement and I got to relax a little bit too!

All in all not a bad day of Firsts.

No comments:

Post a Comment