Friday, August 21, 2009

Night before...college

Here I am writing the night before my youngest goes to college. I'm sitting here thinking we're forgetting something, but honestly if I stop and think about it, what all does she really need in order to get started?

Pay Tuition/room/board - check mark
laptop - check mark
clothes on her back - check mark

That is all that she really needs to get started. Well that and a pad of paper and pen, if they even still take notes that way in college now.

This is where I say, "Where did the years go ?" But go, they did and I remember a few times when both girls were young wondering when I would be done with diapers and then it was, when are they going to be in school?..and so on. But then there was the learning to drive, when I got some gray hair, and then there was dating and staying out until later than 10 pm. That is when time really flew. Seemed to start out moving slowly and then sped up through the years. But in the end time went just as it was meant to and it is just my perception about how fast it went that is skewed.

Have I done a good job getting my youngest ready for college? I think so, I hope so. She'll be fine!! ....it is me I'm worried about ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment